Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sydney's First Week

“It has been a week here now in South Africa and at times I have been floored and moved to tears. I was quickly awakened to the reality these children face, as they struggle for life – for love – for survival. ”

“I have been changing diapers and rocking babies to sleep. I attended a birthday party for one of the orphaned boys. I will call him Oma, as we need to change the babies names for their own protection. This birthday party was special, because Oma is one of the babies who has tested positive for HIV. He turned one on Friday.
Through our donations were were able to give him a Barney doll that sings. “ (Content by Sydney Harrison/TN)

While it can’t save his life… a simple toy can offer a sick child few moments of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment